Truth (Harsh)

Truth...I know that it could be harsh sometimes.We as engineering students have to accept the truth as it is.But as humans we cannot blame the temptation to go against it . So,what we under go at the university of Moratuwa gives a good example of this.After a very competitive field selection exam we (I) managed to obtain good marks enough to go to Electronics  Department.(Please don't think that I am boasting about it. ),But I chose to go to civil department with my high GPA.(Grade Point Average).But the sadest thing is that (Though I am with a higher GPA) I always have to defend myself .(As I think...) Every body asks me" (Oh God !!!) why did you choose Civil?(Yuck!!!)?" Even most of my learned collegues in the university  asks me the same question. What is the problem in the Civil field? I cannot understand.(I will have to agree that majority in the Civil department just landed there ;(Am I contradicting myself?) because of their lower GPAs.) But why shouldn't they earn the same respect and the recognition of an Electronic engineer or a computer engineer.(Don't think that I am begging for EQUAL RIGHTS) And I don't need their prestige either!!!(Prestige is merely another  creation (shit )of the human mind).I feel that because of this situation our mentality changes to a very defensive mood. As a result we always try to defend ourselves from an unknown offensive action.(I think that this post will be a fine example for it.) The sadest part of it is that finally we have to break a wall of seperation though there is no such seperation.(Think, You will get the meaning.)                
PLEASE DO NOT MAKE ME TELL YOU THAT MY NAME IS LEKAMGE AND I AM NOT A CIVIL ENGINEERIG STUDENT!!!!

Comments

  1. Machn, Who cares abt wt others day about our field ?? We chose our fields because we like dat field, znt it??
    If we like it, y thnk abt others opinion on that??

    Anyway c dz link too.

    http://civilenginner.blogspot.com/2010/03/whats-happening-in-uom.html


    (and remove dz word verfication too)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Without passion, Man is a mere latent force and possibility, like the flint which awaits the shock of the iron before it can give forth its spark.... by Henri Frederick Amiel

    Your passion for the subject will make your contribution to the world oldest engineering field.
    Always maintain your dedication and concentration till the achievement of final goal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

රටේ ලෝකෙන් බැණුම් අහලාවත් හැදෙන්නේ නැතෑ....
ඉතින් මුව හමට තඩිබාන එකයි ඇත්තේ හොදටෝම......

Popular posts from this blog

කැවුම ජාතිවාදියි, වඩේත් එසේමයි. ඉතින් අපි කමු කේක්..

ඔබේ අයිතිවාසිකම ඔබේ අයිතිවාසිකමක් නොව මගේ වගකීමකි.(පෞද්ගලික වි.වි.කතාවේ පැතිකඩක්.)

The Condemned!